DIRECT VENDOR PROGRAM
The board may, at any time, issue Direct-Vendor Permit to those who satisfy the requirements below:
Direct Vendor Permit is:
- An allowance, not considered to be quota, will be allowed to Direct Vendor growers who are permitted to place no more than 300 poults (regulated product) in one quota year.
- A Direct Vendor grower shall not market any regulated product, other than at the farm gate, at a farmer’s market, through an independent butcher, or through an independent restaurant, to any person who is not the end consumer of the regulated product. A Direct Vendor grower shall not market any regulated product to any other grower, to any wholesaler or broker, to any processor or turkey broker, or to any retail grocery or commercial foodservice chain.
- Direct Vendor allowances shall not be permitted on property that is either owned or leased by a licensed Commercial, New Entrant or Organic Turkey Grower.
- Direct Vendor Allowances are restricted to placements of a total of no more than 300 turkey poults (regulated product) per quota year per family, farm production unit or legal land description and are not defined as quota.
The application for Direct Vendor License must be accompanied by the required license fee of $75.00 (non-taxable).
Direct Vendors shall comply with the provisions of this and all other orders and regulations of the Board.
These can be viewed in the General Order & Regulations.
Please complete the application form and return it to the board office with the required license fee.
Make Cheque Payable to:
B.C. Turkey Marketing Board
106-19329 Enterprise Way
Surrey, BC V3S 6J8
Direct-Vendors shall comply with the provisions of this and all other orders and regulations of the Board.
- BCTMB General Order & Regulations
- Direct Vendor License 2016/2017 Application
- Direct Vendor License 2017/2018 Application